Friday, October 8, 2010

Paint.

Today I lost my mind and let the girls paint.  Sabrina was very good at it, no mess at all and totally enjoyed it.

Lizzy ate it.
 But, she loved it too and made several adorable paintings.
 So, tonight was Sabrina's first over night weekend visit at her mom's house in 4 weeks.  Also, the first over night visit since her last visit which landed us in the ER when she returned home because of the horrific story she told me about her interaction with her uncle that weekend.
 I totally wussed out and had my husband drop her off to her mom and grandma.  I just can't look at them right now.
 Tonight I cried.  I guess I am just worried.  I tend to believe that the uncle did check himself into rehab like they said he did...I seem to be the only one who believes that story though.  Even Sabrina's counselor said that it didn't sound true.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I cannot imagine what you're going through! It is so difficult sometimes to be little more than a glorified babysitter. We love on these kids more than anyone and we are powerless to do much.

Hang in there. I'll be praying for you!

Unknown said...

Bless it, I would have to believe the "rehab" story too to stay sane.