Wednesday, December 22, 2010

should.

I should be cleaning...oh, how I should be cleaning.  These kids are running circles around me.

Tomorrow I pick up Joseph...another child that will be running circles around me.  That should be interesting, I almost feel bad dragging him into all of this, but I suppose he will live.  When he is adopted it isn't like this might now happen anyway.  He actually is probably more used to it than any of us, all he knows is foster care - kids in and out.

I don't know where to start about the new girls...mom was living in a shelter with them and I guess is using drugs.  Dad lives in a neighboring state that mom ran from to here.  They aren't going to have any visits until after the holidays their worker said because my agency isn't open much for the next couple weeks.

You can tell that in this sibling group the older ones take care of the younger ones, makes you wonder what mom does all day...Tina (the 2 yr old) is always trying to feed the baby and is always stealing the baby's bottle.  She is kinda driving me nuts with that.

The baby has figured out that if she needs or wants anything all she has to do is make a noise and I actually will give it to her.  She has decided that she likes being held by mom a lot.

And I have been loving every second of that.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I can imagine the insanity! and cleaning can wait...it will just get messed up again by kiddos :) I actually can't do anything right now except rest and sleep which would be a great break if it wasn't for the pain :)

aka. Mimi said...

I loved when Little Miss finally realized that she didn't have to rock HERSELF any more. 11-month-old babies shouldn't have to depend on THEMSELVES for comfort. It's strange that most parents want their kids to be independent, but WE get happy when our kids realize that they CAN depend on us.

Hope you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas (hectic though it may be, I know you wouldn't change it for the world... :-)

Unknown said...

You're doing what's most important right now. When I was little my mom had a little saying she hung in my baby brother's bedroom. I read it so much growing up that I can still remember it today.

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep."