Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spilled.


You may remember this post.


So, despite the fact that I know these things will not stop Lizzy from being returned home, when her lawyer called me I kinda spilled my guts and told him everything.

He was not so happy, thankfully he isn't going to go and tell everyone what I told him. He is going to call Lizzy's worker and tell her that he does not want her to have any over night visits before he approves them and that will not be until after the next hearing.

Her next hearing as in mid March and it does not look like returning her is even on the radar, which I have mixed feeling about. I am glad Lizzy will remain in a stable environment for now, but when I know that there is no difference between her going back today or 6 months from now I tend to just want to get it over with. Things should get interesting...

Oh, and the picture above, that is a picture that her mom send me via text today of Lizzy at their house...notice the stove door open...

5 comments:

Endless Foster Love said...

Hmmmm, at least her lawyer contacts you. The boys lawyer has never contacted me and has never laid eyes on the boys. But he definitely has an opinion every time we go to court!

Ruth said...

notice in the fan in the background... lol
Atleast that corner of the house looks halfway clean.

I think it was good for the attorney to know that. Every case is different....

Ruth said...

I should add, I have been in houses where there was no stove and the kitchen floor was plywood and I wouldnt sit down because there was nowhere clean to sit down on and in the ten minutes I was there the 5 yr old showed me 3 differnt sex moves he knew. I didnt report any of that... because it didnt matter. When the kids had bruises all up and down their legs and dad chased mom with a knife, I did report it. When mom dumped the 13 yr old on the side of the turnpike after beating her up, her aunt reported it. What did the county do? Nothing, absolutely nothing. The kids live in worse conditions now.

However I will keep reporting... because it made a difference for some kids.

Unknown said...

Wow, really? The oven for heat? Ridiculous. I am glad the lawyer seems to be legit.

Tammy said...

I am glad she has a good lawyer. We have had a few really good GAL's and that does make a difference. The oven door open scares me but I will being praying for protection for her.