Monday, November 14, 2011

Why.

Why do I want Lizzy's Mom to come see her at her visits even though everything is moving towards termination?

I know my husband cannot figure this out, nor anyone that knows me in real life.

Lizzy's mom is very self centered. She, so far, has blown Lizzy's life apart and then in the end gave up because "she isn't ready to take care of a child".

I want Lizzy's Mom to come see Lizzy because SHE GAVE BIRTH TO HER. I want her to get to see her child and to love on her, because she should. I want her to want to make an effort so the Lizzy will someday know she cared. I want her to make good choices instead of bad ones. I want her to become dependable.

But, no, I don't think it would be best for her to go back to her mom even if she did make some huge changes.

I want her to come so that Lizzy will know her. I want Lizzy to feel special and like her Mom wants to see her. I want them to have fun together. I want Lizzy to have the best her mom can give her, even if this situation is less than ideal. I want Lizzy to know the person who made her at least tried.

So, today we will see. We will see if mom decides to come to her visit. She could have set up transportation for today last we, but she decided to tell the agency that she could get herself a ride this week. We will see.

We will see if legal dad decides to let someone come pick his butt up and bring him to see this kid that isn't his...we will see.

We will see.


*Update

Legal Dad canceled for today.

Mom says she is coming and does sound like she is. I guess today is the day she finds out I am 5 months pregnant too...the should be interesting...unless I wear something that might be able to hide it...

4 comments:

aka. Mimi said...

I totally understand. It always breaks my heart when my kids' parents no-show or make no effort to be in theirs lives. Regardless of whether or not they return to their parents' care, I just want my babies to know that their parents made SOME kind of effort to at least SEE THEM and to show them they love them.

CandCFamily said...

Hope the visit went well.

Felicia said...

well.......how did it go?

Deb said...

I totally understand. She is her mom forever even if she is not her parent. She is family.