Saturday, January 7, 2012

Regrets.

"Regrets...I have a few..." -Frank Sinatra

Have you ever heard that song? Anyway.

The last two days have sucked.

I made the mistake of letting Lizzy's bio mom say hi to her on the phone which then caused her to be a crying mess for the whole rest of the day and totally not herself for the day after that.

They talked for like 20 seconds.

I didn't think it would do that. Lizzy has been very clingy for a while now. She doesn't like when my husband goes to work, she wants all of us to be together all the time. I hope this is actually a healthy thing or leading to a healthy attachment to us, but it doesn't come across as warm as fuzzy. It comes across as a tantrum-ing mess usually.

I think talking to her mom triggers her feelings of loss and, in a way, I think there might be some fear there of loosing us as well.

Regardless, I won't be making that mistake again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

UGH. Life for us got so much smoother when the bios were completely out of the picture. I fear running into them one day in our little town. I can't imagine what it would do to them. I don't take them out much because of this reason. I certainly don't have to worry a phone call though. They only called one time even when it was set up by DHR for them to call everyday at a certain time. One phone call... period... Thank goodness. :)

Deb said...

I was actually just thinking about reaching out to our girls Grandma to have phone calls but wondered if this exact thing would happen.

Our little one is showing extreme clingy-ness as well right now and I can tell it's signs of attachment. Frustrating as a parent since it requires me to give more when I already feel beyond stretched. But so so good for her that I have to ignore my personal space bubble.