Friday, August 24, 2012

Bedrooms.

Where I live, everything has to start with this because it seems like every policy is different everywhere, you have to have 40 sq feet per child in a bedroom. So, if you have a 120 sq foot bedroom you can have a total of 3 kids in it, foster or biological.

There are different rules about ages and gender of kids that can be in the same bedroom. Also, you can have a baby in your bedroom if you are a foster parent, they can't sleep in your bed though.

I only have a 3 bedroom house. I have me, my husband and my baby girl in our room. My son and our adoptive son will share a room, and then my daughter and the two adoptive daughters will share a bedroom.

That is a lot of people in a 3 bedroom house! Here's hoping that something crazy happens and a bigger house is in our future!!!

(We have a finished basement so we are thinking about putting a bedroom down there as well. We actually have room for 2-3 bedrooms down there, but we shall see)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like the basic space requirements are the same here in TX. Is that where you are?

MamaFoster said...

Nope, very far north of Texas, other side of the country. :)

Anonymous said...

In CA it is 2kids per room , does'nt matter if bio or foster. Can only have 6 kids total in house.



Stacey said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate that!

Plexus Prosperity Pipeline said...

How interesting. I looked on my state's website because I wasn't familiar with the size requirements of the room. I cannot find any size requirements (Which I think there truly are not any.) It does say that each child shall have their own bed and ONE drawer!

It goes on to say that the max number is 6 kids. (however, here the state does as they please, and sometimes they count placements not kids) Kids 2 and over may not share your room nor sleep in your bed. However, Kids 2 and under can. Kids 6 and older must share a room with the same gender but under 6 it doesn't matter.