Thursday, September 6, 2012

Days.

As the days tick by I can tell I am a different person than I was when I started all of this.

I want my kids home, as fast as possible.

But, I also know, that each day my sweet youngest child will only be a baby once. I will only get these easy days for a bit longer. She will only nurse for a few more months. I will only be able to cuddle her when she naps as often as I do now for a while longer.

So, while the waiting is hard, the reality is that I might as well enjoy this time too, because it will be gone all too soon, in a good way.


And, while I enjoy my littlest, I have a little first grader who is going to loose his first tooth any minute and I am not there for it. He started his first day of 1st grade and I wasn't there for it. I have a sweet four year old daughter whose hair I didn't get to do today. And a two year old who I didn't get to cuddle today.


This is life while I wait, it isn't bad, but it will be better when we are all together.

4 comments:

StarfishMom said...

Can't wait to 'meet' them!! :)

Mandy said...

While I know what a big pile of work is headed your way, I am also just so excited for all of you! I can't wait for them to come home either.

Unknown said...

Great idea on the necklace and such a wonderful story of helping a friend in need. I have posted info on my blog so hopfully that will help. Praying for the 15k for this family!

http://jimschick13.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

6, 4 & 2...stair steps! Live in the present, I agree. Tomorrow worries about itself! Praying for ya!