Sunday, September 9, 2012

Did you see this?

For the Monday morning crowd:




I want to look at these little faces:

These little sweeties have been adopted by a great couple. I will post a link to their story at the end of the post. You may notice that that gorgeous little girl in the middle has no arms and no legs. She melts my heart. Her little face is the reason I am hosting this give a way.

Anyway, to make a long story short, their family needs a wheelchair accessible van. One of their friends is trying to raise $15,000 by October 15th for them. I don't know if I will be able to help much, but I will do what I can. First, I already made a small donation to them myself. Secondly, I am giving away this gorgeous necklace that I just bought from another mama who is currently picking up her newly adopted little boy from Taiwan.

I really love this necklace, but I am happy to give it away in hopes it gets these kids closer to a van that fits their needs. It is a small token on my end.

Imagine if many of us just did something small...anyway.

This is the necklace:


How do you enter this give a way?


See the Donate Button below? Click it, donate at least $2 (you choose the amount, enter the amount and hit update) and you will be entered to win the necklace. For every $2 you donate your name will go in the pot 1 time. So if you donate $10 your name will go in 5 times.










I hope you guys don't mind me doing this. I JUST heard about this tonight and I felt the urge to do this. Our family is so excited to adopt our 3 new kiddos, but we have yet to adopt children that have needs that are like these kids. Special needs children have been on my heart more and more each day, and while I am not in the place to adopt a child with these type of needs yet, I do feel very compelled to help those that currently are.

Seriously, what is $2 anyway? But, when your $2 meets my $2...well, God is very good at multiplying.

This give a way will end September 20th. Good luck!!!! Please feel free to share this on your blog, that would be one really easy way to help!!!


3 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for sharing, so that we can pray and give! =) I'm in!

Landen Worley said...

I am so touched by the story behind this post. Were they able to raise the money to buy a wheelchair accessible van? It’s so reassuring to see people who are willing to go out of their comfort zones to help the needy. Those kids are so blessed to be adopted by a lovely couple. I wish they will have a blissful life!

Anonymous said...

Yes! It all worked out very quickly and they found the perfect van for almost exactly the amount of money that was donated. About $460 of that was from the readers of this blog. :)