Thursday, October 3, 2013

Long term.

Often I ask myself, "Why do you still have contact with Lizzy's bio dad even though he was a jerk to you and basically threatened to try to get Lizzy back?"

The answer is simple.

It isn't about me.

It is about grown up Lizzy.

You know, the one who will come up to me and ask me all those hard "why did I need to be adopted?" questions.  Seriously, my life would be SO much easier and normal if I just cut everyone out and pretended that my kids had no life before coming to our home.

Oh, the sound of how easy that would make my life makes me long for that calm that just will never happen.

Pure and simple.  I do it for Lizzy, because some day it might matter to her.

Adoption is so not easy.

But, it is SO amazingly worth it!


2 comments:

FootPrints said...

it takes a good person to do the right thing. a humble person. thats you.

Deb said...

Amen to that!!