Friday, June 27, 2014

Too long.

It cracks me up that I feel like I have nothing to say when there is soooo much to say.  So much.

We are still a family of nine, even though that was never really a question, but some days it feels like we are lucky to finish another day as a family unit.

I have SO many kids!

They are such hard work!

But I don't know what I would do without them.

Every day it is something.  This one puked, that one peed, this one lied, that one emptied a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet....

It is funny what you are capable of when you have no option of quitting.

We are close to two years into this adoption and I still find myself wondering, "Is that a sign she has RAD?"  "Is he doing that because he has RAD?"

I still worry about that scary diagnosis.  None of my kids have been diagnosed with anything.  Even the one that came to me with ADHD has since been undiagnosed.  I long for the day that I don't worry about what the future holds.

All I can say is that things ARE getting better, getting easier...we are becoming a family.  It is a lot of work though.

2 comments:

acceptance with joy said...

thankfully it does get a little bit better and better even if it is incrementally. I see a difference in my kids and they are RAD... no doubt, but slowly we see signs of healing.

And yes, a family of 9 is a lot. We just experienced being a family of 11 for two weeks. WOW. My hat is off to those who do that all the time. We are back down to 7 - well, sort of. My 3 nephews arrived today...

Ruth said...

I am finding the more kids you have the more potential for trouble. lol If its not one it's the other one.
I just went on vacation with my six. one had an asthma attack, another had several large meltdowns, then yet another threw up! If i only had the middle 3, life would be easy. lol
second bit of advice.. I stopped reading all the blogs on RAD etc. Yes the education is needed and helpful, but it also made me way to fearful and affected my ability to enjoy my kids.